Friday, December 08, 2006

Would Walt Disney outsource?

"The first year I leased out the parking concession, brought in the usual security guards - things like that - but soon realized my mistake. I couldn't have outside help and still get over my idea of hospitality. So now we recruit and train every one of our employees. I tell the security police, for instance, that they are never to consider themselves cops. They are there to help people. The visitors are our guests. It's like running a fine restaurant. Once you get the policy going, it grows." - Walt Disney (in Walt Disney Famous Quotes)

I'm guessing not. Too bad Bob Iger thinks it's a good idea. More and more people, now working in the actual resorts (down to the parks and hotels) are being let go in favor of outsourcing the jobs. What a world we live in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Walt would NEVER outsource ! As a matter of fact Eisner would not do it and if he even thought about it he would honor Walts vision on how to do things the right way. Shame on Iger, he is making a BIG mistake..

I just got back from Disnyworld an hour ago and goggled this rumor I heard from some cast members in the park this week. It really is a shame, I hope more and more people will write a letter to Iger. Hey, look at what just happened to Anhauser Bush, an American legend of company is now owned by a forign company ! Let's hopethat never happens to Disny but outsourcing is not a step in the right direction.